What Is a Lockdown Pest Control Emergency?
With the country in lockdown, now is the worst time ever to suffer a pest control emergency. Sharing your home with insects or rodents when you can’t go out is a nightmare. So, what do you do if you have a pest control emergency? And what constitutes this during the lockdown? It’s still vital you get help if pests are invading your property. Read on to find out more information.
What Pests Can Still Be Treated?
Most pests are considered to be able to transmit diseases, so now it’s more important than ever before to get rid of any that may be lurking in your home. There are also pests that can have a negative impact on your health and can damage your property as well, leading to financial losses.
Some pests that are still being treated during the lockdown include:
- Rodents – Mice and rats are some of the biggest spreaders of diseases and their numbers must be kept to a minimum.
- Bed bugs – Having bed bugs can significantly impact both your mental and physical health, which is why treating this pest is still considered essential.
- Cockroaches – When businesses do reopen we don’t want them to be inundated with pests. This is why cockroaches are still being exterminated during the lockdown.
- Birds – Bird deterrents are still available during the lockdown.
- Wasps and other insects – Wasps nests or any other pest that could potentially harm you or someone in your household will also be classed as an emergency during lockdown.
Covid-19 Pest Control Safety Precautions
It’s critical that pest control professionals follow pest control safety precautions during the COVID-19 epidemic. Pest technicians will be coming into contact with the public like any other key worker at this time. So, it is critical that we never put the lives of others in danger. The first consideration of anyone in the pest control industry should always be to protect the health of our customers.
Safety has always been important to us, even during normal working conditions. And, it is even more of a priority while the COVID-19 is with us.
Pest technicians are people too, of course. So we also need to protect ourselves from being infected. The last thing we want is to get ill, so we take precautions to protect our staff as seriously as we do the safety of our customers.
How is Pest Control Being Carried Out During Lockdown?
Pest control emergency treatments are still being carried out in the UK. So how is this happening during the lockdown to keep everyone safe? Responsible pest controllers are closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 every day. They make sure their clients are kept safe during any sort of treatments. All government guidelines in terms of cleanliness, sanitisation and precautions are being followed as set out by the NHS and WHO.
Most pest professionals are performing daily checks on their body temperature to see if they are showing any signs of the virus. They are also following the social distancing measures. This means keeping 2 metres away from the rest of their team and clients at all times. Protective gear will be worn at all times while they are in your property carrying out a treatment. All tools and equipment are being disinfected at the end of each job as well, to stop any sort of virus spreading.